Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Best Movie of 2006 & 2007



DREAMGIRLS!!!!!! I finally was able to go and catch this movie last night. The movie theater was packed I mean packed, that my friend and I could not get our usual "VIP SEATS" all the way up top that is. My frustration went out the window when the movie started and right away with music and dancing numbers. Choregrapher Fatima Robinson started off the movie in a quartet female group singing on stage. I was glad to see she made a cameo in the movie. I will not spoil the movie AT ALL because I want you all to go see it if you have not already. I just have to say that I understand why Jennifer Hudson (Effie) is getting all the rave reviews. As you probably been hearing that once the song "And I am Telling You" comes on she gets applause's from the audience. Well last night was not different at all. We were all applauding and holding back tears. I do not want to say she stole the show because the whole cast is awesome and yes even Mrs. Beyonce (Deena). You forget that she is Beyonce, who also got a applause when the song "Listen" was performed. Anika Noni Rose (Lorrell), who to me is not getting ENOUGH Recognition was adorable as ever. She was so innocent and sweet in the movie. I hope she gets alot of upcoming roles. She was so innocent in the film it was believable. EDDIE MURPHY(James “Thunder” Early) to me stole the show. He is soooooo funny. Just hilarious. "Jimmy got Jimmy got Jimmy got SOULLLL!!.. Only the people who have seen the film will understand that one. The movie deserves all the accolades and recognition. Jamie Foxx(Curtis Taylor, Jr)"Step into the bad side" was so ruthless in the film, it was sooo different from who he is that i thought he should have also gotten nominated. I am so proud of this film I wish I was apart of it. Beyonce really did remind me of Diana Ross. Awesome Awesome Awesome Movie, five fingers and five thumbs up!!!!


Behind the Scenes of Dreamgirls

No comments: